*Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead a ministry to Youth (age 7th Grade-12th Grade)
- Develop at Team to oversee Young Adult Ministry (Ages 18-25)
- Be a part of overall VLC vision and initiatives including but not limited to outreach and discipleship.
- Participate in pastoral Care, i.e. counseling, visitation as necessary.
- Humility, teachability and willingness to grow
- A committed disciple of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrates a lifestyle of biblical eldership (Titus 1:5-9)
- Committed to the inspiration of Scripture (2nd Timothy 3:16-17)
- A history of being a unifying presence in previous churches
- Demonstrates an ability to connect with youth age students.
- Solid communication skills in preaching, teaching and meeting management.
- Strong desire to spend time mentoring and developing youth age students.
- Desire to challenge students toward Christ-likeness.
- Competency in social media usage and church visual-media software.
- Depth of knowledge of biblical themes, concepts and theology.
- Team oriented mindset.
- A willingness to implement the VLC mission within the Student Life department.
- Host a weekly youth service inclusive of worship and teaching.
- Establish other times of youth discipleship apart from weekly youth service.
- Develop youth program goals for each student to achieve/work through
- Organize fun and exciting youth events to attract newcomers.
- Develop a student leadership team.
- Develop a team of youth sponsors.
- Effectively integrate student into the volunteer life of the overall church.
- Organize a yearly, summer youth camp or missions’ trip to deepen the spiritual walk of youth students
- Offer pastoral care inclusive of mentoring, coaching, counseling and visitation as necessary.
- General oversight of young adult department.
- Mentor recent graduates with hope of helping them develop a strong young adult ministry.
- Help to organize young adult leadership, worship gatherings and activities.
- Help to organize young adult connect times, and retreats
- (Personal Attendance by the Student Life Pastor at young adult gatherings is not required nor is it restricted)
- Attend all staff meetings and offer input on the vision and mission of the church.
- Participate in team-oriented church activities/initiatives.
- Preach on occasion on Sunday Mornings.
- Monthly Pastoral Development meetings with the Senior or Executive Pastor.
Education and Experience:
- Completed degree program from an accredited College or University in Pastoral Ministry, Youth Ministry or Bible and Theology.
- Previous work in youth ministry as a student leader, youth leader or youth pastor.
- A history of sustained and credible ministry within a church, and substantiated by church leadership.